Compies as they currently exist as a species are inseparable from their technology, with various technological implants.
So far, the only implants which have been mentioned are the white bands on their foreheads. The forehead implants can be used to communicate remotely, remotely interface with technology such as telepads, and listen to music. The forehead band is shown to have three large tendrils and several smaller tendrils going into the forehead and temples, as well as numerous smaller wires. They typically are implanted when a compie reaches 10 years of age, during which time their body has fully developed. Without the bands, compies are less mentally capable than humans, as their brains lose plasticity at a much younger age. The bands compensate for this, allowing them equivalent or greater intelligence than humans.
- ↑ https://ask.fm/shelbycragg/answers/135116770159
- ↑ https://ask.fm/shelbycragg/answers/134935424111
- ↑ https://ask.fm/shelbycragg/answers/135116407151
- ↑ http://www.neo-kosmos.com/page/209
- ↑ http://www.neo-kosmos.com/page/40
- ↑ http://www.neo-kosmos.com/page/517
- ↑ https://ask.fm/shelbycragg/answers/135926565487
- ↑ http://www.neo-kosmos.com/page/717